ATMS (Advanced Training Management System) is an enterprise-wide leading online training management systems for compliance training. ATMS is an integrated system designed for training administrators that manages training programs for all personnel that require qualification-based, periodic training.
The system is used to build training curriculums, manage training requests, plan courses, administer records, schedule training, collect results, update qualifications, and provide reporting and analysis capabilities.
ATMS allows organizations to design and administer all aspects of training across multiple business units, training centers and equipment; manages training for classroom, CBT, simulators, and other devices; and maintains on-line (electronic) records for instructors and trainees. It is a leader among online training management systems for compliance training because of its ability to configure training programs to ensure all trainees and their instructors remain current and qualified for their positions.
- ATMS allows multiple training schedulers to create and maintain schedules and allows them to work with the same resources without double-booking trainees, devices, or instructors.
- Entire courses are scheduled with one click according to a curriculum footprint and scheduling rules.
- Resources are assigned based on qualification and availability.
- Training results may be entered directly by administrators or instructors.
- Online verification ensures the accuracy and quality of captured data.
- Once a trainee’s current training is completed, ATMS automatically determines future training requirements according to organization-defined training plans.
- ATMS provides administrators the ability to track the progress and performance of individual trainees during their current training course.
- The system also maintains historical training results and comments so administrators can analyze past performance, identify trends, and enhance their training programs.
- ATMS maintains a complete audit trail of all changes made to curriculums, schedules, and trainee records.
The system also has a messaging system that automatically notifies individuals of certain actions (such as a schedule change) and allows users to send messages. Messages may be sent by email or internal to ATMS.
- ATMS Connect is a dedicated interface product developed as a framework for managing, maintaining, and controlling the interface actions required to integrate ATMS with any other application. It is not enough to have a static interface to external systems because every customer may implement the same software differently; similar to how our customers currently customize their implementations of ATMS. Therefore, “standard” interfaces still need to be highly configurable. ATMS Connect was designed to address the challenges of these interfaces and provide an extensible framework for adding new interfaces. When interfaces are activated, ATMS will generate Interface Requests as changes are made to targeted information contained within ATMS.
ATMS Connect will run continuously; monitoring the processing intervals that have been defined for the Interface Actions. When a processing interval is reached, ATMS Connect will then execute the requests that have been configured to run at this interval. Once a request is processed and the target system is updated, an entry will be written to the Interface Processing Log and the queued Request will be deleted. The background process has its own Interface Actions defined for ATMS itself so that a user can deactivate any undesired functionality as well as to specify processing intervals where applicable.
- Database Manager is used to control updates and changes to your database when moving from one version to another for ATMS. It includes functions to update your ATMS database to a new version or to change to a new type of database i.e. SQL Server to Oracle. The ATMS Database Manager performs several functions supporting multiple databases.
The Manager can convert from one version to another, update system tables and reports, transfer data between any two databases of the same version, provide a mechanism for supplying the needed information to implement LDAP Authentication, and import or export data to a SQL Anywhere database file. All functions can be performed against a SQL Anywhere, Oracle, or MS SQL Server database.
- ATMS Security ensures Trainees and Instructors only have access to the functionality specified by the organizations within your company, and only to their own information. A login and password is required to access MyATMS and, in some cases, your network logins may be used instead of having separate MyATMS logins. Trainees and Instructors have access to an up-to-the-second training schedule and immediately receive notifications of training assignments and changes to their training. They may view all of their own information stored in ATMS reducing the workload of your administrators and ensuring more current contact information is available. Instructors may enter training results for scheduled and unscheduled training, and “Other” training such as take-home tests or computer-based training (CBT).