CAE Signs $375 Million in Commercial Aviation Training Contracts
Tuesday, May 2 2017 | By Ms. Lori Ponoroff, Halldale Media – CAE Signs $375 Million in Commercial Aviation Training Contracts. CAE announced today at the 2017 World Aviation Training Conference and Tradeshow (WATS) a series of commercial aviation training solutions contracts and agreements with airlines worldwide, including Scandinavian Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines, Korean Air and new Chinese customer Donghai Airlines. These agreements, valued at more than C$375 million. The orders involve comprehensive cadet-to-captain training programs and the sale of 11 full-flight simulators (FFS), bringing CAE’s total FFS sales for fiscal year 2017 to 50.
The agreements highlight the span of CAE’s commercial aviation training solutions and include:
Ab-initio pilot training agreements, illustrating CAE’s support to the growing need for professional airline pilots.
- A new ab-initio pilot training program for the creation of more than 380 professional pilots over the next 5 years to an undisclosed customer in Asia.
- A new ab-initio pilot training program for 100 professional pilots to an undisclosed customer in the Middle-East.
Airline pilot and cabin crew training contracts, demonstrating the recurring nature of CAE’s offering.
- An exclusive training contract renewal for an additional 2 years for Airbus A320 and Boeing 737NG pilot training as well as cabin crew recruitment and training for Scandinavian Airlines in Europe. Scandinavian Airlines extended its pilot and cabin crew training contract with CAE for an additional 2 years. Pilots will continue training with CAE’s instructors under the airlines standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Airbus A320, A330/A340 and Boeing 737NG at CAE’s training centres in Stockholm, Copenhagen and Oslo.
- An exclusive Dornier Do320 and Saab 340/2000 pilot training contract with an undisclosed customer in Europe.
Training equipment, training centre operations and post-delivery services, including the sale of 11 full-flight simulators
- One Airbus A350 full-flight simulator and one CAE 500XR Series flight training device to Ethiopian Airlines in Africa. Ethiopian Airlines signed a training equipment contract with CAE for the provision of one Airbus A350 full-flight simulator (FFS) and one Airbus A350 flight training device (FTD). The CAE 7000XR Series FFS, equipped with the latest innovative CAE Tropos 6000XR visual system, and the CAE 500XR Series FTD will be delivered in the first half of 2018 at the airline’s training centre in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Ethiopian Airlines and CAE share a long-standing relationship that spans over 7 years, with the provision of crew resourcing services and the delivery of innovative training equipment. With this order, Ethiopian Airlines will be operating 4 CAE-built full-flight simulators.
- One Boeing 737NG full-flight simulator and one CAE 400XR Series flight training device to Donghai Airlines in China. Donghai Airlines, a new CAE customer, signed a training equipment contract for the provision of one Boeing 737NG full-flight simulator and one flight training device (FTD). The CAE 7000XR Series FFS equipped with CAE Tropos-6000XR innovative visual systems, and the CAE 400XR Series FTD will be delivered the airline’s training centre in Shenzhen, China, and will be ready for training in the first half of 2018.
- One C Series CS300 full-flight simulator to Korean Air in Korea. Korean Air, the national flag carrier of the Republic of Korea, signed a new training equipment contract with CAE for the provision of one CS300 full-flight simulator (FFS). The CAE 7000XR Series FFS will be delivered to the airline’s new training centre in Incheon, South Korea and will be ready-for-training in the second half of 2018. Korean Air and CAE share a long-standing relationship that spans over 30 years. With this order, the airline will be operating and have on order 10 CAE-built FFS.
- One Airbus A320 full-flight simulator and one CAE 400XR Series Airbus Pilot Transition (APT) Trainer to the Airbus Training Centre in Europe. Airbus signed a training equipment agreement with CAE for the provision of an Airbus A320 full-flight simulator (FFS) and one A320 Airbus Pilot Transition (APT) Trainer. The CAE 7000XR Series FFS will be equipped with the latest CAE Tropos 6000XR visual system, offering unprecedented realism. The CAE XR Series training equipment suite will be delivered to Airbus in the first half of 2018.
- One Airbus A320 full-flight simulator to Avenger Flight Group in the United States.
- One Boeing 737NG full-flight simulator to ChongQing Yu Xiang Aviation in China. ChongQing Yu Xiang Aviation of China has selected CAE for the provision of one Boeing 737NG full-flight simulator. The CAE 7000XR Series FFS, equipped with CAE Tropos-6000XR innovative visual systems, will be delivered to ChongQing’s training centre in China by the end of 2017. This order represents the group’s third CAE-built full-flight simulator order.
- Five full-flight simulators, including one Airbus A320, two Airbus A330, one Airbus A350 and one Boeing 767 to undisclosed customers in Asia and in North America.
- Over C$170 million in training centre operations, maintenance and updates services to customers worldwide, supporting our partners’ needs in maintaining training assets and upgrading them to the latest aircraft fleet standard.
“We continue to see strong demand in the commercial aviation market and these agreements reaffirm CAE’s position as the industry’s leading global training partner of choice,” said Nick Leontidis, CAE’s Group President, Civil Aviation Training Solutions.